Fretkillr, The All-American YouTube Guitar Player

I don’t know who this guy is. He never shows his face. He plays steel-string, 12-string, country, blues, oldies, Broadway, flat-picking, finger-picking, Scottish fiddle tunes and I don’t know what else. He’s got over a hundred videos up on YouTube and many of them are gems. I think he must be some kind of ringer, an old pro who’s played with everyone, but there’s no way to tell for sure. Maybe he’s sitting in San Quentin waiting for a train. But he’s someone most Americans would recognize immediately as “a real guitar player.” I think he’s great.

This entry was posted in Acoustic, Best, Fretkillr, YouTube Theater. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Fretkillr, The All-American YouTube Guitar Player

1. Scotty Smith says:

That is some pretty damn fine guitar playing…thanks for sharing.

2. Roger Cutchens says:

Mayby he’s Fred Koller (Fret Killer) the songwriter. Wrote, among many others, Let’s Talk Dirty In Hawaiian. Just a thought!

3. admin says:

Sounds a LOT like him, doesn’t it! But let’s not tell anyone. 🙂

4. Steve says:

I think he’s Jim Morrison or Elvis come out of hiding.

5. John says:

You must know by now that he has just had his site pulled, possibly for copyright infringement. Did he earn any money for his site, either through subscriptions or ad revenue? If no, then why would any owners of his cover tunes complain about the good job he does?

6. JPD says:

Actually, I didn’t know that about fretkillr. But it doesn’t surprise me. Lots of videos are being pulled for copyright. Copyright violators have been flying under the radar for a long time, but copyright owners are catching up.

As for the ethics of it all, I don’t know. Things evolve. Remember what Ben Franklin said? “You have your republic now — IF you can keep it!” Same goes for copyright holders. The have the benefit of copyright law — IF they can keep it. We’ll see.

7. ralph says:

fretkillr is back again!

The name of his new chanel is fretkillrlives